USES OF ASHWAGANDHA
After long use in India, Ashwagandha has been introduced to the West and has enjoyed a very enthusiastic reception among the scientific community. Its use has been mentioned as a tonic for men and woman etc.
Also noted that it was used in folk medicine against arthritis, asthma, cancer, candidiasis, colds, cough, cystitis, debility, diarrhea, fever, gynecopathy, hiccups, hypertension, inflammations, lumbago, nausea, piles, proctitis, psoriasis, rheumatism, ringworm, scabies, senility small pox, sores, syphilis, tuberculosis, tumors, typhoid and wounds.
Ashwagandha has good impressive adaptogenic properties. With a program of good nutrition, it can boost both immunity and endurance.
Historical or Traditional Use
A powerful aphrodisiac sometimes called "Indian Ginseng" has been used in a number of forms to treat a huge variety of physical maladies. The roots and leaves of the plant are prepared traditionally as powder, decoction, oil, poultice, etc. These have been suggested for the remedy of various health problems nervous disorders, intestinal infections, and impotency. Above all, it is popularly used by physicians in India as a powerful aphrodisiac.
- Ashwagandha is one of the wonder herbs in Ayurvedic medicine.
- Ashwagandha can be used by both men and women, Ashwagandha acts to calm the mind and promote sound, restful sleep.
- Ashwagandha works as an adaptogen, promoting the body's ability to maintain homeostasis and resist stress, which prevents or minimizes imbalances that may lead to health problems, whether from poor diet, lack of sleep, mental stress.
- Ashwagandha helps the body to tackle various types of stress.
- Ashwagandha is a revitalizing herb that maintains proper nourishment of the tissues.
- Ashwagandha increases resistance to stress.
- Ashwagandha also used in diabetes, and premature aging.
- Ashwagandha root contains the best nutrients for hypothyroidism.
- Ashwagandha also used
- To improves physical endurance
- As a good natural nutrient for insomnia
- As a good nutrient and hormonal function for thyroid
- To regulates and stimulates thyroid
- For anxiety
- For sex Libido
- As an adaptogen
- To relieves pressure and hypertension
- As a well-built rejuvenative.
- As used for arthritic pain relief
- As anti-inflammatory
- To decrease high cholesterol levels
- To enhances mind functions
PROPERTIES AND ACTION ACCORDING TO AYURVEDA
- Rasa : Tikta, Kashaya
- Guna : Laghu
- Virya : Usna
- Vipaka : Madhura
- Arma : Rasayana, Vatakaphaapaha, Balya, Vajikarana
Asvagandhadyarista, Asvagandhadi Leha, Balasvagandhalakshyadi Taila
THERAPEUTIC USES IN AYURVEDA
- Sotha (Oedemma)
- Kshyaya (Cachexia)
- Daurbalya (Fatigue & weakness)
- Vataroga (All diseases caused by the Humor Vata e.g.Malnutrition, Paralysis etc.)
- Klaibya (Impotency)
- 3-6 g of the drug in powder form.
In at least two published clinical trials of Withania somnifera, the side effects experienced by W. somnifera treated individuals were not significantly different than the side effects experienced by placebo treated individuals. However, there has been one report that Withania somnifera can stimulate the thyroid and lead to thyrotoxicosis in some people. Ashwagandha accomplishes these benefits without any known side effects. Remember: this herb has undergone over 2,500 years of field tests.
Notes of Ashwagandha
|Ashwagandha healing herb
||Ashwagandha for physical and mental stress
|Ashwagandha valuable Ayurvedic medicinal plant
||Ashwagandha a nutrient
|Ashwagandha Indian as Ayurvedic Ginseng
||Ashwagandha for muscle mass
|Ashwagandha Ayurvedic aphrodisiac
||Ashwagandha immune modulator
||Ashwagandha antioxidant herb
|Ashwagandha Ayurvedic tonic herb
||Ashwagandha a tonic for elderly
|Ashwagandha Ayurvedic for stress
||Ashwagandha for cardiovascular health
|Ashwagandha herb for physical endurance
||Ashwagandha for athletes
|Ashwagandha nervous disorders
||Ashwagandha for pregnant or lactating women
|Ashwagandha Physical endurance
||Ashwagandha for ill and sick person
||Ashwagandha for smokers
||Ashwagandha for people who take lots of alcohol
|Ashwagandha for mental illness
||Ashwagandha with antibiotic
|Ashwagandha for general health
||Ashwagandha with contraceptive pills
|Ashwagandha for muscular pain
||Ashwagandha increases testosterone
|Ashwagandha for brain power
||Ashwagandha acts in impotency.